Problem with Importing bulk file data (accounts.json) into elastic search

Hi Everyone,

After reading quite a bit about elastic search today I decided to try it out to see if it matched the hype.

I created a new server (windows 2012 R2), downloaded and installed java 8.111, downloaded and executed both elastic search 5.0.2 and Kibana (same version).

Everything is running, and, since I'm completly new to this stack, I decided to follow the tutorials, namely the getting started with Kibana: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/kibana/current/getting-started.html

I found great that elastic provides us with sample data set and start executing the step by step tutorial (I downloaded the latest version o curl for windows).

I download the data sets, perform the mapping(everything ok, so far) but when I try to import the data (accounts) I get an error:

"error" : {
"root_cause" : [
{
"type" : "action_request_validation_exception",
"reason" : "Validation Failed: 1: type is missing;2: type is missing;3: type is missing;4: type is missing;5: type is missing;6: type is missing;7: type is missing;8:

And it goes on and on up to type 1000.

I am really new to this, and the data is provided by elastic. Did I miss something? what else do I need to do?

Best regards,

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.