Problems with displaying data

After writing to elasticsearch using the elasticsearch-hadoop plugin the data can’t be displayed in kibana and the following errors persist:
“Saved field parameter is now invalid. Please select a new field”

“Discover: field is a required parameter”

I’m not sure what’s the problem, I defined a mapping for the index pattern the index uses
The problematic index is a copy of another index so I copied the originals index mapping to the new template.
I’m not sure that this post fits in this specific forum because I’m not certain if the problem originated from the way I put the data in elasticsearch or perhaps it’s more kibana related

@BarakFreiman This seems like it might be a Kibana issue, but I'll see if I can assist. Are you able to perform regular searches or aggregations against the data set through regular HTTP requests to Elasticsearch (through something like curl)? If you are unable to query the data in this manner, then it's possible that something is wrong with your index data and the problem lies on the Elasticsearch / ES-Hadoop side. If regular searches or aggregations are running fine over HTTP, then it's possible that the problem exists on the Kibana side, and the Kibana forum might be more appropriate.

Let me know what you find out, and I can move the post and ask around appropriately.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.