I am encountering a problem in the filebeat setup for our Elastic Cloud system.
This is our scenario:
- We have a FreeBSD server where several applications are installed.
- Each application generates a set of log files.
- We have configured several spaces in Kibana, one for each application.
- In each space, we have configured different indexes (one per file) and an index_pattern for each space.
- We want to take the log files using filebeat and load them in Elastic Cloud, loading each data block in its space and corresponding index.
I am trying to install filebeat on a test server, with a single log file, to check that the communication between my server and Kibana is successful.
However, I can't get filebeat to work.
I have installed filebeat and configured file filebeat.yml with the following parameters:
cloud.id: "JaniumBI: XXXX
cloud.auth: "elastic: password"
but the system constantly shows me the following error message:
"ERROR instance / metrics.go: 91 Error while getting memory usage: error retrieving process stats: cannot find matching process for pid = 18357"
Does this error have something to do with filebeat? It looks like you're trying to get system usage statistics, but I don't have any other modules configured.
Is it possible to use filebeat as we have thought?
I have seen that I can configure the output to link to the Elastic Cloud (although it still does not work for me) but I do not see the way to configure each block of logs for a specific space and index.
Thank you very much for your help,