Production Ready ES

(Jalaj Jain) #1

hi All,
i am fairly new to elasticsearch stack. I read through the manual and install the ELK stack on my machine. I have also developed few spark projects for mining text data.
i want to build a search application using elasticsearch. i got over 10000 documents and i ran spark program to process these documents to get some text data , process it and write it to cassendra in json format. now i want to index this data and make it searchable.
Can someone help me to understand the practical implementation of it.
Look forward to hear.
jalaj

(Glen Smith) #2

Hello, Jalaj,

I'm going to move your query to the Elasticsearch category, where it is more likely to get relevant attention (and responses!)

Regards,
Glen

(Mark Walkom) #3

If you have the json documents that were sent to Cassandra, then just take those and push them through Logstash and into Elasticsearch, and you can go from there :slight_smile:

(Jalaj Jain) #4

thanks mark,
actually i am quite confused about the logstash and kibana.
my final goal is to build a web-site where i can provide search options more like
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/home.jsp
so how can i do that using kibana and ES stack ?
i am not so familiar with the front-end web development so please feel free to reply from the basics.

(Glen Smith) #5

"How do I build a searchable website" is considerably beyond the scope of discussion here.

Please feel free to open topics with more specific questions as you explore the capabilities of Elasticsearch.

(Glen Smith) #6