Progress of 7.10.0 to 7.11.0 upgrade status

I run single node GitHub - deviantony/docker-elk: The Elastic stack (ELK) powered by Docker and Compose. dockerized E, L and K.

I upgraded the stack with docker-compose build and docker-compose up -d .

Now the startup seems to be stuck at:

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-02-11T08:53:37+00:00","tags":["warning","savedobjects-service"],"pid":7,"message":"Unable to connect to Elasticsearch. Error: resource_already_exists_exception"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-02-11T08:53:37+00:00","tags":["warning","savedobjects-service"],"pid":7,"message":"Another Kibana instance appears to be migrating the index. Waiting for that migration to complete. If no other Kibana instance is attempting migrations, you can get past this message by deleting index .kibana_1 and restarting Kibana."}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-02-11T08:53:37+00:00","tags":["warning","savedobjects-service"],"pid":7,"message":"Unable to connect to Elasticsearch. Error: resource_already_exists_exception"}
{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2021-02-11T08:53:37+00:00","tags":["warning","savedobjects-service"],"pid":7,"message":"Another Kibana instance appears to be migrating the index. Waiting for that migration to complete. If no other Kibana instance is attempting migrations, you can get past this message by deleting index .kibana_task_manager_1 and restarting Kibana."}

I do not have any insights into the progress of the migration, if its stuck or if its progressing.

Are you able to help me in the right direction? This is not a production environment, just a lab, and the only thing I'm caring about is the dashboard, visualizations and index patterns. So I can easily delete indices if thats a way.

Thank you very much for your help!

Ended up deleting .kibana* files and restarted kibana. Thankfully I exported dashboards and dependent objects before upgrading, so they could easily be imported again.

You can read more about saved object upgrade migrations including how to resolve a failed upgrade (without deleting all your data) here Upgrade migrations | Kibana Guide [7.11] | Elastic

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.