Hello ES folks --
I'm running into an interesting inconsistency (or so it appears) between the same query executed via ElasticSearch Head and the client java API where the query in ES Head returns results as expected but using the Java API, no results are returned. At first I thought it was simply something I'm doing in the JAVA API (i.e. restricting class names or something that you do in the Java API you don't do in ES Head) but after triple checking these, I cannot find the difference.
I suspect it may have to do with how I'm using the java update API on the new value I'm filtering on but can't be sure.
When the index is created, this model is added:
When I run the following query in ES Head, it works:
The same query via the ES Java API (as seen as logging to our console) returns 0 results. This was the query I copied and pasted in ES Head.
The only thing I can think of is that the value that isn't filtering properly in the java api is "altNames" which when I remove the term filter, values come back. I added the value to altNames in the index by calling the update route in the java api.
Is it possible this is an issue with "versions" of the same document? In ES Head, the _version value is 3. This object also is the parent of a parent/child relationship - I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
I am using ES 0.20.6.
I'm a bit stuck - and this only seems to be for terms which I've used the Java update API. I also can't think of any reasons why a query in ES Head would return different results than the same query executed via Java API.
Grant Gochnauer | Vodori Inc | firstname.lastname@example.org | (w) 312.324.0124 | (c) 312.504.5004
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "elasticsearch" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.