Hi, I'm a beginner of Elasticsearch and trying to count documents in an index.
But I faced a situation that does not fit my intuition.
- I'm using Elasticsearch 6.4.
- my elasticsearch index has 10 documents.
- every document has the form
- where "type" is one of "foo" "bar" "baz", and "variableProp" varies.
- my process updates "variableProp" in these documents every second.
- using Bulk API specifying 'index' actions.
- it does not change the "type".
- another process queries the index every 5 seconds.
- aggregating by "type" term and count each type of document.
I expect the query produces the same result every time and the sum of each counts to be 10, but sometimes it results 9 or 8 or more smaller.
It seems they will not be larger than it should be, but can be smaller.
Can anyone explain this situation?
Is there a way to avoid the decreasing counts?