Query_string case insensitive search on keyword field

I have a Keyword field that don't have any analyzers. I want to use query_string query to do a case insensitive search on that field.

"name":"Mary Johnosn" is indexed into elastic and name is a keyword field. I am using query_string query with query attribute as "query":"(mar)" so that it has to check and return the names containing mar at any position and want to do case insentive search.

I am using query_String because I want to search on multiple fileds and use "query":"(mar)".

Can we do something during query_string to match keyword field in case insensitive way?

I want to do the same case insensitive search by using fields attribute in query_string query. Please suggest

You can define normalizers for keyword fields: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/normalizer.html

These are sorta like analyzers and allow you to apply some operations to the keyword like lowercasing.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.