Question: multiple fields search, separate searches in single query

Hey guys,
I am pretty new to elastic app search. I am facing problem with how to do an advanced search in different field within a query.
So for example, I have an object Ojb, and it has multiple fields that I want to do individual searches on. Ojb(field1, field2, field3, field4).
I want to have searchFields has all of the 4 fields that I would like to search, and in the query string, I want to have for example "f1query, f2query, f3query, f4query", and each of the query in this string will do search in corresponding fields, e.g. f1query search in field1.
Those f1query / f2query/... could be null if I don't want to search anything on that field. For example the query might look like "f1query,,,f4query" which means I only want to search on the 1st and 4th fields.

Could you guys give me some suggestion on how to do this?
I really appreciate your help!!

Hello,

If I'm reading your question correctly, I believe our multi search endpoint is the right approach. You'd want each of those to be a new query in the list you submit to that endpoint. Here are the docs: https://swiftype.com/documentation/app-search/api/search#multi

Best,
Quin

Thanks Quin!
I do want to have multiple queries in a single search request, and I would like to confirm that with multi search endpoint, I could have those multiple queries each search in corresponding search field, right?

Thanks,
Jianyi

Yes, that should work well.

thanks very much Quin, I will have a look at how to use that!

Hey Quin,
I am wondering if the limitation for the number of queries could be extended, more than 10.

Thanks,

JyL

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.