Rally 7.9.2 is not supported?

Elasticsearch.exceptions.UnsupportedProductError: The client noticed that the server is not a supported distribution of Elasticsearch

The Elasticsearch server version is 7.9.2.

Tagline is "You Know, for Search"
build_flavor is "default"
Header is the IP adress of the server.

Hello Louis,

Thank you for your interest in Rally! Rally supports Elasticsearch 6.8.0 and above: Elasticsearch Version Support — Rally 2.4.0 documentation but does not support the OSS license.

Can you please share your Rally version, Rally invocation and the full output of curl localhost:9200 / (using the actual IP and port)?

Also, while I don't think this applies to you since your build flavor is "default", note that this invocation does not work because it will use the OSS license:

esrally race --track=http_logs --test-mode --distribution-version=7.9.2

This can be fixed by using the basic license instead:

esrally race --track=http_logs --test-mode --distribution-version=7.9.2 --car=basic-license

(This may help future readers)

Esrally --version return:
"esrally 2.4.0"

Full output of curl request is:
{
"name" : "MCS_SONDE",
"cluster_name" : "MCS_SONDE",
"cluster_uuid" : "5PIPlOFqSIyFB1hXSrBu6w",
"version" : {
"number" : "7.9.2",
"build_flavor" : "default",
"build_type" : "docker",
"build_hash" : "d34da0ea4a966c4e49417f2da2f244e3e97b4e6e",
"build_date" : "2020-09-23T00:45:33.626720Z",
"build_snapshot" : false,
"lucene_version" : "8.6.2",
"minimum_wire_compatibility_version" : "6.8.0",
"minimum_index_compatibility_version" : "6.0.0-beta1"
},
"tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
}

esrally return:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/username/.local/bin/esrally", line 8, in
sys.exit(main())
File "/home/username/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/esrally/rally.py", line 1035, in main
console.init(quiet=args.quiet)
AttributeError: 'Namespace' object has no attribute 'quiet'

Thanks!

That AttributeError is expected, we fixed invoking esrally without any arguments, but it has not been released yet.

However, I was asking how you were actualy calling Rally to get the UnsupportedProductError above. Are you calling esrally race ...? I would like the full invocation please (without any sensitive information like passwords)

Invocation is:
esrally race --distribution-version=7.9.2 --track-path=/home/bastien/.rally/tracks/syslog_all

The track syslog_all was created successfully before.

OK, I understand now. You're not benchmarking the MCS_SONDE cluster, you're benchmarking an Elasticsearch node that Rally set up for you.

Can you please try esrally race --distribution-version=7.9.2 --track-path=/home/bastien/.rally/tracks/syslog_all --car=basic-license then? Per the above explanations about the OSS distribution, this should fix your issue.

If you actually want to benchmark MCS_SONDE you need to use the benchmark-only pipeline.

Returned:
esrally.exceptions.SystemSetupError: Car "basic-license" requires config key "runtime.jdk.bundled"

Oops, the correct syntax is esrally race --distribution-version=7.9.2 --track-path=/home/bastien/.rally/tracks/syslog_all --car=defaults,basic-license. Can you please try that instead?

Indeed, basic-license is a mixin, but an actual car was needed too: Configure Elasticsearch: Cars — Rally 2.4.0 documentation

The command is working. Thank you.

By that, you mean that I'm benchmarking an node that I set up taking the document extracted from the MCS_SONDE previously, right?

This makes sense now! MCS_SONDE was only used to extract test data, and now you're asking Rally to set up the node to run benchmarks on. This is a perfect thing to do :+1:. Sorry for the confusion.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.