Refresh x-pack monitoring stats

Hello all,

Is there a way to easily reset the x-pack monitoring stats ? Is it as easy as deleting the indexes ?

I suspect something is off regarding x-pack monitoring because today I found the error message below on the Kibana interface. We had a node crash due to OOM and I wanted to check what the average memory was on the other nodes but instead found that error message. It seems odd to me that having one node removed from the cluster would cause that error.

Thanks !

""""""""""""""""""""
No Monitoring Data Found

No Monitoring data is available for the selected time period. This could be because no data is being sent to the cluster or data was not received during that time.

Try adjusting the time filter controls to a time range where the Monitoring data is expected.
"""""""""""""""""""""

We are running ES version 5.6.3.

have you tried deleting /.monitoring-es-* indices?

Thanks, I'll try that. I've just made the upgrade to 6.1.3 so I'm waiting for things to stabilize.

If by reset you mean remove everything, then yep :slight_smile:

What does _cat/indices?v show?

I think everything is OK now. Upgrading to 6.1.3 was a good choice as we are seeing improvements overall.

I deleted the old monitoring indexes. As of now a _cat/indices?v shows the following system generated indexes:

.kibana
.monitoring-es-6-2018.02.02
(etc..)
.monitoring-kibana-6-2018.02.02
(etc..)
.triggered_watches
.watches

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.