Reindex from ES1.3.4 to ES 6.5.3 with same _id gives error

I am trying to reindex data using _reindex API from Elastic Search 1.3.4. to Elastic Search 6.5.3. While in the Elastic Search 1.3.4 , two types(say T1, T2) have the same _id field.When I try to reindex for the T1 on to Elastic Search 6.5.3 with index T1, it runs well as _id field was not indexed before.When I try to reindex the T2 type from Elastic Search 1.3.4 on to Elastic Search 6.5.3 with index T2 , i am getting error as follows

Rejecting mapping update to [T2] as the final mapping would have more than 1 type: [T1, T2]

Please kindly provide me a solution on how to reindex the same _id on different index in Elastic Search 6.5.3.

Any solutions would be appreciated.

In Elasticsearch 6.x, each index can only have a single type, and it is this it complains about, not the _id. If you have multiple types in your Elasticsearch 1.x index, you will need to make changes to the structure when you reindex. Have a look at this blog post for some background and additional information about this change.

Thanks Christian. It was my mistake using same type in the reindex script.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.