Reindexing glob of indices

I have corrupted a set of indexes, nginx-* , by trying to modify the type of a particular field with the PUT mapping API. I get this error in Kibana settings/indices page:

A field is defined as several types (string, integer, etc) across the indices that match this pattern...

As this is not just one index, closer to 30, what is the best way to resolve this issue? I understand I may need to reindex

Correcting this issue will require reindexing your data.

Is there an easy way to reindex a glob of indices? eg, I want to reindex nginx-2015.11.15 to nginx-v2-2015.11.15 , for all dates. Or is my only real option to script this in python or bash or something? Does anyone have a clear example of how exactly to reindex? To me this article here is missing something critical -- https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/guide/current/reindex.html -- the only example it gives is GET /old_index/_search?search_type=scan&scroll=1m.. so this is how you get the old data, but how exactly do you insert that into new_index ?

You can use simple bash script (to iterate over indexes) and logstash to transfer data from one index to another. Look at Reindex using bulk api