Rename index

Hi all,

Currently, I,m trying to change the index name in a way that every server I connect is a prefix of the index. For example: currently, I just have auditbeat-7.6.1-2020.03.27-000001 as index name, but I want to have serverA-auditbeat-7.6.1-2020.03.27-000001
How do I do this? and can I still have ILM enabled while doing so?
Thanks a lot in advance :slight_smile:

Why do you want to have an index per server? It sounds like this will result in a large number of small indices which waste resouces and is inefficient. I would recommend reconsidering this.

I should say that I explained it wrong, Not exactly per server, but per 'client' As we got infrastructure for multiple clients and I want to give them access to certain dashboards, but to view the data I need to give the access to the index. And I don't want them to view data from other customers. Thanks for the quick reply! @Christian_Dahlqvist

I suspect you will need to configure this in Auditbeat so that it uses the correct index. I suspect this should also set up ILM correctly, but in worst case you may need to do so manually yourself. I would recommend you open a thread under the Beats category for this.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.