Replace the @TimeStamp with actual time during a bulk Filebeat Send

Hi,
We are collecting a large amount of logs through out the day and then sending them at 4:30am via Filebeat in a bulk send. The problem is when they end up in Elasticsearch/Kibana all the @TimeStamp fields are 4:30am even thought the logs have been collected at different times throughout the day. How do I set the @TimeStamp Field to what's actually in the message field.
So I want to use ""message":"03-MAR-21 02:19:42|" as the @TimeStamp instead of 4:30am.

In Filebeat you could do it using a timestamp processor (in beta), in logstash you would use a date filter.

I think I am close but when I add the below I get date

filter
{
grok   {
         match => { "message" => [ "%{GREEDYDATA:timestamp}\|%{IPV4:src.ip}\|%{WORD:event.id}\|%{GREEDYDATA:dn}\|%{NOTSPACE:session_id}\|%{GREEDYDATA:application_name}" ] }

}

date {
        match => [ "timestamp", "MMM dd yyyy HH:mm:ss", "MMM  d yyyy HH:mm:ss", "ISO8601" ]
        target => "@timestamp"
      }

So the Filebeat always comes in as this "@timestamp":"2021-03-04T17:17:56.133Z", but I want to use what's in the message filed a"message":"03-MAR-21 03:46:10" as the @TimeStamp.

but I get ""tags":["_dateparsefailure"]

ISO8601 uses a CasualISO8601Parser and that defers to joda for what ISO8601 means. joda does not agree that ' 03-MAR-21 03:46:10" is ISO8601 compliant.

Just change your date filter to have the actual format

date { match => [ "timestamp", "dd-MMM-yy HH:mm:ss" ] }

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.