Replica shards are not involving while searching

Hi,

I have 3 node cluster with time series indices(per day). I have enabled allocation awareness and all nodes in AWS. Node2 is having Index1 all replica shards on it while primaries are assigned to other two nodes. when I running the search queries, Node2(Where replicas in) not involving at all. Is replica shards not using at searching time? please let me know is there any setting needs to be tweaked?

@here could anyone pls help me on this?

Read this and specifically the "Also be patient" part.

It's fine to answer on your own thread after 2 or 3 days (not including weekends) if you don't have an answer.

Replicas by default are also used to serve search requests. No specific settings required.

@dadoonet thanks for the reply.

Now I can see replica is serving for the search requests slightly. I'm using 6.2.4 version. I'm having 3 Packetbeat indices and each one has 5 shards and 1 replica and each shard is 5gb of size.
Below are the CPU stats when executing search quires, I

Node 1 (Primary shard 1,3)

Node2 (All Replicas 0 - 4)

Node3 (Primary shard 0, 2, 4)

Is there any setting i can tweak to optimize the searches? I'am using some data histogram aggregation queries to get metrics of the Prod cluster.

Few notes:

@dadoonet thank you very much i'll try those also.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.