Repo register issue

Hello

I have Elasticsearch installed in Windows Server.

I want to take snapshot and restore it in another server.
I have added in Elasticsearch.yml file path.repo and location
path.repo: "D:\ES_Backup"

When I am trying to register repo it gives me error
"reason": "[ES_Backup] location [D:\ES_Backup] doesn't match any of the locations specified by path.repo because this setting is empty"

Can you help me? What am I doing wrong?

P.S. also I tried in Elasticsearch.yml file to write repo path in these ways:
path.repo: ["D:\ES_Backup"]
path.repo: D:\ES_Backup
path.repo: "D:/ES_Backup"
path.repo: ["D:/ES_Backup"]

It says path.repo should be escaped to be "D:\\ES_Backup".

1 Like

So, changed path.repo
path.repo: "D:\\ES_Backup"

run command, but still gives me error

Changed Elasticsearch.yml in everynode and restarted them after changing path.repo?

Yes, changed it and restarted service. I have single node.

Here is message from elasticsearch_server.json file

[netty-common-4.1.49.Final.jar:4.1.49.Final]",
"at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832) [?:?]",
"Caused by: org.elasticsearch.repositories.RepositoryException: [ES_Backup] location [D:\\ES_Backup] doesn't match any of the locations specified by path.repo because this setting is empty",
"at org.elasticsearch.repositories.fs.FsRepository.<init>(FsRepository.java:98) ~[elasticsearch-7.10.1.jar:7.10.1]",
"at org.elasticsearch.repositories.RepositoriesModule.lambda$new$0(RepositoriesModule.java:48) ~[elasticsearch-7.10.1.jar:7.10.1]",
"at org.elasticsearch.repositories.Repository$Factory.create(Repository.java:75) ~[elasticsearch-7.10.1.jar:7.10.1]",
"at org.elasticsearch.repositories.RepositoriesService.createRepository(RepositoriesService.java:499) ~[elasticsearch-7.10.1.jar:7.10.1]",
"... 81 more"] }

Here is log from Elasticsearch.log file

[2022-02-02T14:07:37,239][WARN ][o.e.r.f.FsRepository     ] [ELASTIC01] The specified location [D:\ES_Backup] should start with a repository path specified by the path.repo setting, but the path.repo setting was not set on this node
[2022-02-02T14:07:37,239][WARN ][o.e.r.RepositoriesService] [ELASTIC01] failed to create repository [fs][ES_Backup]
org.elasticsearch.repositories.RepositoryException: [ES_Backup] location [D:\ES_Backup] doesn't match any of the locations specified by path.repo because this setting is empty
1 Like

I wonder whether the ES cluster look at the Elasticsearch.yml you changed. (The default location is described here.)

Another change such as change of some node roles in Elasticsearch.yml take effect?
What will happen if for example add data_frozen, retart and GET /_nodes ?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.