"repository-s3" plugin is missing in 7.3.0

Hello,

I am deploying elasticsearch v7.3.0 according to the following documentation -
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/cloud-on-k8s/current/k8s-quickstart.html

However, in the docker image for elasticsearch, the plugin repository-s3 is not installed. All the required plugins for snapshot was by default installed in v v7.1.0

I tried to create a custom Dockerfile to install this plugin but it did not work for me as I believe the init containers prepares the environment for elasticsearch which I am missing in my Dockerfile.

Can anyone please tell me if there is any plan to install this plugin in future versions? If not, how can I install the repository-s3 plugin in the "docker.elastic.co/elasticsearch/elasticsearch:7.3.0" image?

All the required plugins for snapshot was by default installed in v v7.1.0

While we installed a couple extra plugins in past versions (ingest-user-agent and ingest-geoip), those have been moved into modules. AFAIK we have never packaged the s3 repository plugin in docker. I'm not sure how you got this before.

You should be able to extend the official docker image. Can you explain more what errors you get when attempting this?

Hi @rjernst,

I am not sure what the problem was last time. But according to the link you provided, everything worked fine while creating a custom docker image.

Thank you for all the help.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.