Repository

Hi,

I am trying to snapshot and restore module in elasticsearch but ı have a problem.
I am using marvel plugin. My repository codes:

PUT /_snapshot/my_backup/
{
"type": "fs",
"settings": {
"location": "/root/backup/",
"compress": true
}
}

RESULT ERROR:
{
"error": {
"root_cause": [
{
"type": "repository_exception",
"reason": "[my_backup] failed to create repository"
}
],
"reason": "[my_backup] failed to create repository",
"caused_by": {
"type": "creation_exception",
"reason": "Guice creation errors:\n\n1) Error injecting constructor, RepositoryException[[my_backup] location [/root/backup/] doesn't match any of the locations specified by path.repo because this setting is empty]\n at org.elasticsearch.repositories.fs.FsRepository.(Unknown Source)\n while locating org.elasticsearch.repositories.fs.FsRepository\n while locating org.elasticsearch.repositories.Repository\n\n1 error",
"reason": "[my_backup] location [/root/backup/] doesn't match any of the locations specified by path.repo because this setting is empty"
}
}
},
"status": 500
}

What is the problem?

1 Like

You did not set path.repo in settings.

Thank you. So how can I do?I am using Centos 6.7 , Elasticsearch 2.1 and Marvel 1.3.1I did path.repo:["/mount/backups","/mount/longterm_backups"] in elasticsearch.yml but ıt had same error. 24.12.2015, 19:23, "David Pilato" <noreply@discuss.elastic.co>:

dadoonetDavid PilatoDeveloper | Evangelist

December 24

You did not set path.repo in settings.

To respond, reply to this email or visit the topic.

Previous Replies

![](upload://AmD9Iw4N2uQixdqSwbOoiMR7r16.png "Hilal")Hilal

December 24

Hi,

I am trying to snapshot and restore module in elasticsearch but ı have a problem.

I am using marvel plugin. My repository codes:

PUT /_snapshot/my_backup/

{

"location": "/root/backup/",

}

}

RESULT ERROR:

{

{

}

],

"reason": "Guice creation errors:\n\n1) Error injecting constructor, RepositoryException[[my_backup] location [/root/backup/] doesn't match any of the locations specified by path.repo because this setting is empty]\n at org.elasticsearch.repositories.fs.FsRepository.(Unknown Source)\n while locating org.elasticsearch.repositories.fs.FsRepository\n while locating org.elasticsearch.repositories.Repository\n\n1 error",

"reason": "[my_backup] location [/root/backup/] doesn't match any of the locations specified by path.repo because this setting is empty"

}

}

},

}

What is the problem?

To respond, reply to this email or visit the topic.

To stop receiving notifications for this particular topic, click here. To unsubscribe from these emails, change your user preferences.

-- Hilal GÜRİhale Yazılım Yayıncılık Reklamcılık Ltd.Şti.Eskişehir Yolu No:266 Tepe Prime İş Merkezi C Blok D:44 Çankaya / AnkaraTel: 0312 287 6556Faks: 0312 911 3527E-Posta: hilal.gur@ihale.com.tr

That does not look possible to me.

It looks like the problem is that '/root/backup/' does not match any of the configured paths;["/mount/backups","/mount/longterm_backups"]

Hi,

I am tyring again:

My elasticsearch.yml codes:

# ----------------------------------- Paths ------------------------------------
#
# Path to directory where to store the data (separate multiple locations by comma):
#
# path.data: /path/to/data
#
# Path to log files:
#
# path.logs: /path/to/logs
# path.repo: ["/root/backup"]

My Codes:

PUT /_snapshot/my_backup
{
        "location": "/root/backup",
    }
}

My Result Error:

{
         {
         }
      ],
         "reason": "Guice creation errors:\n\n1) Error injecting constructor, RepositoryException[[my_backup] location [/root/backup] doesn't match any of the locations specified by path.repo because this setting is empty]\n  at org.elasticsearch.repositories.fs.FsRepository.<init>(Unknown Source)\n  while locating org.elasticsearch.repositories.fs.FsRepository\n  while locating org.elasticsearch.repositories.Repository\n\n1 error",
            "reason": "[my_backup] location [/root/backup] doesn't match any of the locations specified by path.repo because this setting is empty"
         }
      }
   },
}

What can I do?

uncomment path.repo: ["/root/backup"]

Hi David,

even though after uncomment also its not working
same exception is throwing there

Can you paste the logs and your full config file?

elasticsearch.yml:

----------------------------------- Paths ------------------------------------

Path to directory where to store the data (separate multiple locations by comma):

path.data: /path/to/data

Path to log files:

path.logs: /path/to/logs

path.repo: [D:/elasticsearch-2.3.1/repo/my_backup]

logs:

[2016-07-12 14:56:07,436][WARN ][repositories ] [Temugin] failed to create repository [my_backup]
RepositoryException[[my_backup] failed to create repository]; nested: IllegalArgumentException[Unknown [repository] type [VerticalDetails]];
at org.elasticsearch.repositories.RepositoriesService.createRepositoryHolder(RepositoriesService.java:411)
at org.elasticsearch.repositories.RepositoriesService.registerRepository(RepositoriesService.java:368)
at org.elasticsearch.repositories.RepositoriesService.access$100(RepositoriesService.java:55)
at org.elasticsearch.repositories.RepositoriesService$1.execute(RepositoriesService.java:110)
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.ClusterStateUpdateTask.execute(ClusterStateUpdateTask.java:45)
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.InternalClusterService.runTasksForExecutor(InternalClusterService.java:468)
at org.elasticsearch.cluster.service.InternalClusterService$UpdateTask.run(InternalClusterService.java:772)
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor$TieBreakingPrioritizedRunnable.runAndClean(PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor.java:231)
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.concurrent.PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor$TieBreakingPrioritizedRunnable.run(PrioritizedEsThreadPoolExecutor.java:194)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown [repository] type [VerticalDetails]
at org.elasticsearch.common.util.ExtensionPoint$SelectedType.bindType(ExtensionPoint.java:146)
at org.elasticsearch.repositories.RepositoryTypesRegistry.bindType(RepositoryTypesRegistry.java:49)
at org.elasticsearch.repositories.RepositoryModule.configure(RepositoryModule.java:58)
at org.elasticsearch.common.inject.AbstractModule.configure(AbstractModule.java:60)
at org.elasticsearch.common.inject.spi.Elements$RecordingBinder.install(Elements.java:233)
at org.elasticsearch.common.inject.spi.Elements.getElements(Elements.java:105)
at org.elasticsearch.common.inject.InjectorShell$Builder.build(InjectorShell.java:143)
at org.elasticsearch.common.inject.InjectorBuilder.build(InjectorBuilder.java:99)
at org.elasticsearch.common.inject.InjectorImpl.createChildInjector(InjectorImpl.java:162)
at org.elasticsearch.common.inject.ModulesBuilder.createChildInjector(ModulesBuilder.java:55)
at org.elasticsearch.repositories.RepositoriesService.createRepositoryHolder(RepositoriesService.java:404)
... 11 more

Please format your code using </>.

D:/elasticsearch-2.3.1/repo/my_backup is not D:\elasticsearch-2.3.1\repo\my_backup

i tried to change in config file as you suggested in path.repo: [D:/elasticsearch-2.3.1/repo/my_backup]
, after changing that i tried to restart the ES but its failing to start the service.

If i give with # tag then ES service is starting successfully , like # path.repo: [D:/elasticsearch-2.3.1/repo/my_backup]

path.repo: ["D:/elasticsearch-2.3.1/repo/my_backup"]

thank You David, Its created ,acknowledge is true

I am using the

PUT /_snapshot/my_backup
{

"settings":
  {
  "location": "D:\\elasticsearch-2.3.1\\repo\\my_backup"
  }

}

command in kibana.

in elasticsearch.yml i wrote like path.repo: ["D:/elasticsearch-2.3.1/repo/my_backup"] without # tag