Roles as a bucket

I am trying to create a bucket and add all the roles i have created in the bucket and assign this bucket to the user instead of assigning the roles separately to the user.
If I assign roles to user by editing the user permissions. Whenever a new role is created then again I have to change the permissions if I have to assign to the newly created role to the user.
So, is there any way to create a bucket and add all the roles in the bucket and assign this bucket to users. If a role is added then there will be no need to change the permissions of all the users it would suffice if we change the bucket.

Any suggestions are accepted.

Thank you.

If you are using X-Pack security, it might be better to move the issue to that category.

As far as I know there is no way to group roles the way you describe. If you are seeing a large number of roles being created in your organisation, you may however want to look into using document-level security and attribute-based access controls as described in this blog post.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.