Run elasticsearch code source without docker

Hello everybody,

I am trying to run elasticsearch code source, and when I try to run the command ./gradlew assemble

I am getting this exception:

=======================================
Elasticsearch Build Hamster says Hello!
  Gradle Version        : 6.5
  OS Info               : Linux 5.4.0-42-generic (amd64)
  JDK Version           : 14 (JDK)
  JAVA_HOME             : /usr/lib/jvm/java-14-openjdk-amd64
  Random Testing Seed   : B1825225074616B5
  In FIPS 140 mode      : false
=======================================

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
a problem occurred while using Docker from [/usr/bin/docker] yet it is required to run the following tasks: 
:distribution:docker:buildAarch64DockerImage
:distribution:docker:buildAarch64OssDockerImage
:distribution:docker:buildDockerImage
:distribution:docker:buildOssDockerImage
the problem is that Docker exited with exit code [1] with standard error output:
Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?
you can address this by attending to the reported issue, or removing the offending tasks from being executed.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 4s

can you tell me please how can I build it without docker

Thanks for your help

Docker is not running on this host. Suggest 'service docker start' or equivalent and make sure "docker ps" runs without error (may have no results, which is fine).

thanks for your answer, it's me who deactivated cause I wanna build it without docker,
tell me please if is there an option to build elasticsearch without docker !

I have no idea; never built it, suggest check docs or options :wink: but maybe at least use Docker to get it working, then optimize for your scenario, etc. Good luck.

1 Like

Yes I am gonna reactive it again, till I find a solution to build it without a docker

Thanks for your help ^ ^

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.