Running Rally race on benchmark-only pipeline gives TransportError 302

Hello! First thank you so much for building such an exciting tool! I am completely new to Rally and am attempting to benchmark an existing cluster that we host in ElasticCloud. I've created a custom track and am attempting to run against my existing cluster with the following command:

esrally --track-path=~/.rally/benchmarks/tracks/pennsylvania --target-hosts=<lalala.us-east-1.aws.found.io>:9243 --pipeline=benchmark-only --client-options="use_ssl:true,verify_certs:false,basic_auth_user:'elastic',basic_auth_password:'<password>'"

I am getting the following error

[ERROR] Cannot race. Error in race control (TransportError(302, ''))

Are there client options that I am missing? How can I fix this?

Hello,

Glad to hear you like Rally! The client options you specified look correct and should work. Could you please verify that you are specifying Elasticsearch Endpoint URL and not Kibana in --target-hosts? I get TransportError 302 if --target-hosts points to Kibana.

Thank you,
Evgenia

3 Likes

Oh my gosh, I'm an idiot! You are correct -- I was using the Kibana url by mistake! Thank you so much, Evgenia!

Just what I needed, worked a treat, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.