Sample .yml Rackspace

Hello all, I'm trying to setup (in Rackspace) an ElasticSearch node (with data) as a service (done, works), as well as running a Client Node (not the TransportClient) inside an app server, on the same machine. I have the username and API key for Rackspace. Can somebody point me to a yml that configures disco for Rackspace? I will use the same code when creating the Node inside the app server.

Currently, I've tried to set it up using the example provided by Shay on the blog:http://www.elasticsearch.org/blog/2010/05/11/here-comes-the-cloud.html

To no avail -- at startup this is what elasticsearch is outputting based on that yml:

[2011-07-04 20:32:38,414][ERROR][bootstrap ] {elasticsearch/0.16.2}: Initialization Failed ...

jvm 1 | - NoClassSettingsException[Failed to load class setting [discovery.type] with value [cloud]]

jvm 1 | ClassNotFoundException[cloud]

wrapper | <-- Wrapper Stopped

I am using ES 0.16.2

Thanks,JP

Heya,

A lot has happened since then, basically the cloud plugin using jclouds has been removed due to stability issues with jclouds, and replaced with a dedicated ec2 plugin. If you want to run on rackspace, you will need to configure a unicast discovery configuration yourself explicitly.

jclouds obviously has come a long way since then, I do plan to revisit and possibly writing a plugin that uses jclouds again, at least to enable simpler discovery on different clouds.

On Monday, July 4, 2011 at 11:38 PM, jp.lorandi@cfyar.com wrote:

Hello all, I'm trying to setup (in Rackspace) an Elasticsearch node (with data) as a service (done, works), as well as running a Client Node (not the TransportClient) inside an app server, on the same machine. I have the username and API key for Rackspace. Can somebody point me to a yml that configures disco for Rackspace? I will use the same code when creating the Node inside the app server.

Currently, I've tried to set it up using the example provided by Shay on the blog:
Elasticsearch Platform — Find real-time answers at scale | Elastic

To no avail -- at startup this is what elasticsearch is outputting based on that yml:

[2011-07-04 20:32:38,414][ERROR][bootstrap ] {elasticsearch/0.16.2}: Initialization Failed ...
jvm 1 | - NoClassSettingsException[Failed to load class setting [discovery.type] with value [cloud]]
jvm 1 | ClassNotFoundException[cloud]
wrapper | <-- Wrapper Stopped

I am using ES 0.16.2

Thanks,
JP