Saved “field” parameter is now invalid. Please select a new field. …. Visualize: “field” is a required parameter

Hi All,

I am getting the error as Saved “field” parameter is now invalid. Please select a new field. …. Visualize: “field” is a required parameter

On further debugging , I am seeing that there are certain fields marked as Aggregatable and Searchable and it appears that it is being used by Kibana strictly to allow Count Distinct Aggregations only on fields defined as Aggregatable.

Any idea how does it classify a field as Aggregatable? I have following field and it does not appears as Aggregatable in the Kibana UI. Any idea what could trigger this. I already have data loaded and indexed and data contains this field.

"movie_id": {
						"index": "not_analyzed",
						"type": "string",
						"fields": {
							"hash": {
								"type": "murmur3"
							}
						},
						"doc_values": false
					},

This is a known issue with the murmur3 field type that will be fixed in 5.2

PR:

Issue:

Thanks Stacy. Was this something introduced recently. We remember using the same functionality in 5.0 Alpha4 release and we did not see this issue during that time. Can you please confirm?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.