Search data from index in other index

Hello,

If I have an index "fruit" containing names of fruits and an index dishes containing recipes, how can I request all recipes that contains fruits names ?

Thanks

Hi @RandomDude,

would it be possible for you to give some more details about the structure of the "fruits" and "dishes" documents? And how would you want the result to be presented?

Hi @weltenwort

I have an index "Dishes" with multiple fields. One of its fields is a text field, "recipe" that can include a fruit name.
I have an other index "Fruits" with multiple fields. One of its fields is a text field, "name", and is a fruit name.

I would like to be able to select/visualize which Dishes have any fruit name in their recipe field.

What are possible presentations of the result ? Can it be an other index for example ?

Thank you

Unfortunately I don't see a way to do this in one query. I would recommend to write a small custom web app that fetches the fruits using a Terms bucket aggregation and then uses the list of fruits in a Terms query. Kibana is currently not suited for that kind of "joining".

Okay thanks. I think I will do the joining before feeding kibana then.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.