Search using speical characater


(srrin) #1

Hi ,
I have a search request which passes lucene query string as search criteria as like
pagecount:{2 TO 4] which is produced from lucenes constantsearchrangequery. Since I m having "{" is in the search criteria I am unable to suceed. My full search request using JSON is as follows

curl -XGET 'http://localhost/db25/_search' -d '{ "query" : { "query_string" : { "default_field" : "", "query" : "+(pagecount:{2 TO 4])","default_operator" : "OR","analyzer" : "Standard","allow_leading_wildcard" : true,"lowercase_expanded_terms" : true,"enable_position_increments" : true,"fuzzy_prefix_length" : 0,"fuzzy_min_sim" : 0.5,"phrase_slop" : 0,"boost" : 1.0 } }, "from" : 0, "size" : 0, "facets" : {"tag_reviewstatus" : { "terms" : { "field" :"_reviewstatus","size" : 10 } } , "global" : false }, "explain" : false }'

Once I pass this request in CURL I am getting ParseException as SEARCHPHASEEXECUTIONEXCEPTION.
Kindly help. Thanks in advance

-SRR


(Shay Banon) #2

And if you execute it with pagecount:[2 TO 4] or pagecount:{2 TO 4} it
works? If I am not mistaken, the query parser does not allow to mix { or }
with [ or ]. You can use the range query explicitly in the query DSL to
support that.

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 7:50 AM, srrIN srrranga@gmail.com wrote:

Hi ,
I have a search request which passes lucene query string as search criteria
as like
pagecount:{2 TO 4] which is produced from lucenes constantsearchrangequery.
Since I m having "{" is in the search criteria I am unable to suceed. My
full search request using JSON is as follows

curl -XGET 'http://localhost/db25/_search' -d '{ "query" : {
"query_string"
: { "default_field" : "", "query" : "+(pagecount:{2 TO
4])","default_operator" : "OR","analyzer" :
"Standard","allow_leading_wildcard" : true,"lowercase_expanded_terms" :
true,"enable_position_increments" : true,"fuzzy_prefix_length" :
0,"fuzzy_min_sim" : 0.5,"phrase_slop" : 0,"boost" : 1.0 } }, "from" : 0,
"size" : 0, "facets" : {"tag_reviewstatus" : { "terms" : { "field"
:"_reviewstatus","size" : 10 } } , "global" : false }, "explain" : false }'

Once I pass this request in CURL I am getting ParseException as
SEARCHPHASEEXECUTIONEXCEPTION.
Kindly help. Thanks in advance

-SRR

View this message in context:
http://elasticsearch-users.115913.n3.nabble.com/Search-using-speical-characater-tp1867290p1867290.html
Sent from the ElasticSearch Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


(srrin) #3

Hi Kimchy,
Thanks for getting back to me.

pagecount:[2 TO 4] or pagecount:{2 TO 4} is working fine there is no issue. As I explained mixing curly and square bracket the issue.

-SRR


(Shay Banon) #4

Support for mixing curl and square brackets will be supported in the next
version of Lucene (as far as I can tell). You can use the explicit range
query definition (defined within the search body of a search request) to
specify different inclusion of upper and lower bounds.

-shay.banon

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 1:04 PM, srrIN srrranga@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Kimchy,
Thanks for getting back to me.

pagecount:[2 TO 4] or pagecount:{2 TO 4} is working fine there is no issue.
As I explained mixing curly and square bracket the issue.

-SRR

View this message in context:
http://elasticsearch-users.115913.n3.nabble.com/Search-using-speical-characater-tp1867290p1875312.html
Sent from the ElasticSearch Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


(srrin) #5

Hi shay.banon
Thank you for getting back.

Currently I m using query dsl with inclusion and exclusion, since I m unable to find a solution for mixing braces. So mixing the braces in next version will be added advantage and looking for the next release.

Thank you.
-SRR


(Woland) #6

The mixed range query is already supported by the latest lucene. When do you expect ElasticSearch to support that?

Thanks.


(Shay Banon) #7

What do you mean by mixed range query? You mean the range query parser
syntax?

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 11:01 PM, Woland sasha.la@gmail.com wrote:

The mixed range query is already supported by the latest lucene. When do
you
expect ElasticSearch to support that?

Thanks.

--
View this message in context:
http://elasticsearch-users.115913.n3.nabble.com/Search-using-speical-characater-tp1867290p3852781.html
Sent from the ElasticSearch Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


(system) #8