Searching with multiple values - JAVA

Hello,

I have to search on the indexes already created with multiple values in a given field, but I always get nothing in the result

Can you tell please if it is ok with the following code (I use elasticsearch Java API)

• query = QueryBuilders.termsQuery(param, values);
  • boolQueryBuilder.must(query);

I have something like that in boolQueryBuilder

• {
  • "bool" : {
  • "must" : [ {

•   "terms" : {

•     "param1" : [ value1, value2, value3 ]

•   }

• }, {

•   "wildcard" : {

•     "param2" : "*"

•   }

• } ]

I'm sure, that value1, 2 & 3 already exist, but I always get nothing, is there anyone who has an idea please ?

Thank you

well, that was quickly, it is ok with using the termsQuery search with many values in one a single field, the problem here, is that my values contain "-" wich is a special character, so elasticsearch replace it with space (I think)

If any one has an answer, for this problem (special characters) I'll be really thankful

Take a look at the different Tokenizers, the default is the Standard tokenizer which splits on some characters (as you have seen). Maybe start with the Whitespace tokenizer instead.

Thank you for Christoph, I found how to modify the tokenizer to whistespace one (using JAVA) but now, the wildcard terms are not working anymore, '*' and '?' are not considered token chars anymore, which is not good because I need these characters in my search

Is there anyway to keep '*' and '?' and remove only other characters such as '-' and '@' from token chars ??

Thank you

I'm afraid I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do here. This wildcard query basically matches everything in the param2 field. Also I don't quiet understand what you mean by "'*' and '?' are not considered token chars anymore". Maybe you can give an example of a document you are trying to find and which isn't returned by the query you are using?