Security exception Shield

Hi,
I have shield with ES and Kibana enabled. I am trying to analyze twitter data using elasticsearch. My config file looks like the following:

Twttter

input {
twitter {
consumer_key => "<>"
consumer_secret => "<>"
oauth_token => "<>"
oauth_token_secret => "<>"
keywords => ["#Amp"]
full_tweet => "true"
}
}
filter {

}

output {
elasticsearch {
hosts => "10.10.20.111"
index => "twitter"
document_type => "real"
}
#stdout { codec => rubydebug }

}

When i run the twitter.conf file, I get the following error:

[401] {"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"security_exception","reason":"missing authentication token for REST request [/_template/logstash]","header":{"WWW-Authenticate":"Basic realm="shield" charset="UTF-8""}}],"type":"security_exception","reason":"missing authentication token for REST request [/_template/logstash]","header":{"WWW-Authenticate":"Basic realm="shield" charset="UTF-8""}},"status":401} {:class=>"Elasticsearch::Transport::Transport::Errors::Unauthorized", :level=>:error}

When you install shield into elasticsearch, you require that all requests into elasticsearch provide a username+password (*)

You need to update your logstash config to have appropriate security credentials:
Please read Using Logstash with Shield | Shield [2.4] | Elastic (you should switch the version of the docs so that it matches your version of shield)

(*) There are options to disable that, but since the purpose of shield is to provide security, you probably don't want to turn it off.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.