Security role privilages indices to perform GET _cat/indices

Hi,

I am using Kibana 7.3.1.

I have setup a guest role for user to read dashboards, visualization, and perform read operation on the indexes.

But when I tried to perform "GET _cat/indices" in devtool, I see problem below. Would someone can tell me what privilage is needed to perform this? I thinkik it need "monitor " privilege in the role, but after I set that, it still doesn't work.

{
  "error": {
    "root_cause": [
      {
        "type": "security_exception",
        "reason": "action [cluster:monitor/state] is unauthorized for user [guest]",
        "suppressed": [
          {
            "reason": "action [cluster:monitor/health] is unauthorized for user [guest]"
          }
        ]
      }
    ],
    "reason": "action [cluster:monitor/state] is unauthorized for user [guest]",
    "suppressed": [
      {
        "reason": "action [cluster:monitor/health] is unauthorized for user [guest]"
      }
    ]
  },
  "status": 403
}

Stating the obvious, but is the user assigned the correct role?

Hi,

Yes the user assigned correct role, and I tried to login and logout on that user a few times.
But it still doesn't work .

/Kenneth

You can see my setting here, I actually try to give privileage "all" to guest user, and then press update role, on another browser with admin role.
And logout and login again as guest user in another browser. But I still have the error when I perform GET _cat/indices

The privilage for guest

Error when query

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.