Setting server.basepath results in Courier Fetch Error: Authorization Exception

(Chris) #1

Kibana 4.6.3
ES 2.4.1

We have Kibana installed and running fine on multiple Nginx servers. I'm now configuring a load balancer in front of it where we will proxy embedded visualizations from web pages. I was able to configure that successfully as well. The environment we're in requires every URL to be served under a specific root/path, otherwise any resource not served up under that root will be 404'd.

So I modified the server.basePath in kibana.yml to include the required root path so all of Kibana's js/css resources would not be blocked. I also proxied the bundle files on the LB.

After doing that I am now receiving Courier Fetch Error: unhandled courier request error: Authorization Exception.

Does anyone have any thoughts on resolving this? I can provide more info if needed.

Thanks

(Shaunak Kashyap) #2

A couple of follow up questions:

Can you share your nginx configuration?

After doing that I am now receiving Courier Fetch Error: unhandled courier request error: Authorization Exception.

At what point do you get this error?

(Chris) #3

Hi Shaunak,

I fixed the issue by adjusting the server.basePath and nginx config. Basically, all our requests need to be from a specific root (/root) and I made the basePath /root/kibana and in the nginx config used a location block of /root/kibana/. Basically before not all traffic was being routed properly which caused the authorization exception.

(system) #4

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.