Setting server.basepath results in Courier Fetch Error: Authorization Exception

Kibana 4.6.3
ES 2.4.1

We have Kibana installed and running fine on multiple Nginx servers. I'm now configuring a load balancer in front of it where we will proxy embedded visualizations from web pages. I was able to configure that successfully as well. The environment we're in requires every URL to be served under a specific root/path, otherwise any resource not served up under that root will be 404'd.

So I modified the server.basePath in kibana.yml to include the required root path so all of Kibana's js/css resources would not be blocked. I also proxied the bundle files on the LB.

After doing that I am now receiving Courier Fetch Error: unhandled courier request error: Authorization Exception.

Does anyone have any thoughts on resolving this? I can provide more info if needed.

Thanks

A couple of follow up questions:

Can you share your nginx configuration?

After doing that I am now receiving Courier Fetch Error: unhandled courier request error: Authorization Exception.

At what point do you get this error?

Hi Shaunak,

I fixed the issue by adjusting the server.basePath and nginx config. Basically, all our requests need to be from a specific root (/root) and I made the basePath /root/kibana and in the nginx config used a location block of /root/kibana/. Basically before not all traffic was being routed properly which caused the authorization exception.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.