Authorization Exception Kibana 6.3

Hii
I downloaded the Kibana 6.3.3 git hub and run the code using the command

yarn start --no-base-path --oss

I use elastic search as a service from aws as a the elastic search and then it is showing an error

server log [07:38:47.804] [error][status][plugin:elasticsearch@6.3.3] Status changed from yellow to red - Authorization Exception

But when i run the same code by changing the elasticsearch url to localhost:9200 and running elasticsearch on my local machine the system works fine

It is showing the error only when it is connected to aws elasticsearch

Probably we need to see your kibana.yml to know more, but it sounds like you could be missing elasticsearch.username and elasticsearch.password.

Thanks
Rashmi

This is my kibana config.yml

# xpack.security.enabled: false

console.enabled: false

# Kibana is served by a back end server. This setting specifies the port to use.

#server.port: 5601

# Specifies the address to which the Kibana server will bind. IP addresses and host names are both valid values.

# The default is 'localhost', which usually means remote machines will not be able to connect.

# To allow connections from remote users, set this parameter to a non-loopback address.

#server.host: "localhost"

# Enables you to specify a path to mount Kibana at if you are running behind a proxy.

# Use the `server.rewriteBasePath` setting to tell Kibana if it should remove the basePath

# from requests it receives, and to prevent a deprecation warning at startup.

# This setting cannot end in a slash.

#server.basePath: ""

# Specifies whether Kibana should rewrite requests that are prefixed with

# `server.basePath` or require that they are rewritten by your reverse proxy.

# This setting was effectively always `false` before Kibana 6.3 and will

# default to `true` starting in Kibana 7.0.

#server.rewriteBasePath: false

# The maximum payload size in bytes for incoming server requests.

#server.maxPayloadBytes: 1048576

# The Kibana server's name. This is used for display purposes.

#server.name: "your-hostname"

# The URL of the Elasticsearch instance to use for all your queries.#

# elasticsearch.url: "http://localhost:9200"

elasticsearch.url: "https://search-cyberbs-es-6-3-k46jbctziltkkv7hnyx6vh5jyi.eu-west-3.es.amazonaws.com:443"

# elasticsearch.url: "http://35.190.198.240:9200"

# When this setting's value is true Kibana uses the hostname specified in the server.host

# setting. When the value of this setting is false, Kibana uses the hostname of the host

# that connects to this Kibana instance.

#elasticsearch.preserveHost: true

# Kibana uses an index in Elasticsearch to store saved searches, visualizations and

# dashboards. Kibana creates a new index if the index doesn't already exist.

#kibana.index: ".kibana"

# The default application to load.

#kibana.defaultAppId: "home"

kibana.defaultAppId: "dashboards"

# If your Elasticsearch is protected with basic authentication, these settings provide

# the username and password that the Kibana server uses to perform maintenance on the Kibana

# index at startup. Your Kibana users still need to authenticate with Elasticsearch, which

# is proxied through the Kibana server.

#elasticsearch.username: "user"

#elasticsearch.password: "pass"

# Enables SSL and paths to the PEM-format SSL certificate and SSL key files, respectively.

# These settings enable SSL for outgoing requests from the Kibana server to the browser.

#server.ssl.enabled: false

#server.ssl.certificate: /path/to/your/server.crt

#server.ssl.key: /path/to/your/server.key

# Optional settings that provide the paths to the PEM-format SSL certificate and key files.

# These files validate that your Elasticsearch backend uses the same key files.

#elasticsearch.ssl.certificate: /path/to/your/client.crt

#elasticsearch.ssl.key: /path/to/your/client.key

# Optional setting that enables you to specify a path to the PEM file for the certificate

# authority for your Elasticsearch instance.

#elasticsearch.ssl.certificateAuthorities: [ "/path/to/your/CA.pem" ]

# To disregard the validity of SSL certificates, change this setting's value to 'none'.

#elasticsearch.ssl.verificationMode: full

# Time in milliseconds to wait for Elasticsearch to respond to pings. Defaults to the value of

# the elasticsearch.requestTimeout setting.

#elasticsearch.pingTimeout: 1500

# Time in milliseconds to wait for responses from the back end or Elasticsearch. This value

# must be a positive integer.

#elasticsearch.requestTimeout: 30000

# List of Kibana client-side headers to send to Elasticsearch. To send *no* client-side

# headers, set this value to [] (an empty list).

#elasticsearch.requestHeadersWhitelist: [ authorization ]

# Header names and values that are sent to Elasticsearch. Any custom headers cannot be overwritten

# by client-side headers, regardless of the elasticsearch.requestHeadersWhitelist configuration.

#elasticsearch.customHeaders: {}

# Time in milliseconds for Elasticsearch to wait for responses from shards. Set to 0 to disable.

#elasticsearch.shardTimeout: 30000

# Time in milliseconds to wait for Elasticsearch at Kibana startup before retrying.

#elasticsearch.startupTimeout: 5000

# Logs queries sent to Elasticsearch. Requires logging.verbose set to true.

#elasticsearch.logQueries: false

# Specifies the path where Kibana creates the process ID file.

#pid.file: /var/run/kibana.pid

# Enables you specify a file where Kibana stores log output.

#logging.dest: stdout

# Set the value of this setting to true to suppress all logging output.

#logging.silent: false

# Set the value of this setting to true to suppress all logging output other than error messages.

#logging.quiet: false

# Set the value of this setting to true to log all events, including system usage information

# and all requests.

#logging.verbose: false

# Set the interval in milliseconds to sample system and process performance

# metrics. Minimum is 100ms. Defaults to 5000.

#ops.interval: 5000

# The default locale. This locale can be used in certain circumstances to substitute any missing

# translations.

#i18n.defaultLocale: "en"

The problem occours only when i use the code for development . When i run the kibana-oss build using the same elasticsearch url with the same kibana config.yml . The application works fine

If the Kibana you are running is the default distribution that includes X-Pack the server must also support X-Pack, which AWS ES service does not. That might be why you can only use the OSS Kibana distribution.

Hii

i am running kibana in the oss mode

i am using the command

yarn start --oss

it will run kibana in the oss mode right?

correct, To start Kibana with only open-source code:

yarn start --oss

plz check the contributing guide here: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

Cheers
Rashmi

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.