Setup Filebeat for Kibana Stack Monitoring dashboard

I am running the Elastic stack v 7.4.2 on Windows and am trying to setup the full stack monitoring by supplying elasticsearch logs using Filebeat as described here.

Everything goes well up to the point where I run the command .\filebeat.exe setup -e. The response is an error saying it was unable to get the Kibana version with

HTTP GET request to http://localhost:5601/api/status fails: parsing kibana response: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value.

When I run the same command in my browser, I get a html page with the Kibana node information. Everything works there, no errors, however when using Postman I get a similar looking error including the words that

This Kibana installation has strict security requirements enabled that your current browser does not meet.

Could this be related?

What am I doing wrong in order to setup the dashboard in Kibana and ingest the logs into the "stack monitoring"?

That URL should return JSON, not HTML. So it's strange that you're getting a HTML page in your browser. Could you post a screenshot here please?

Actually I found the issue. It did not realize that running kibana for development changes the url with a prefix, so that was the issue. In production mode it worked.
Is there any way to tell Filebeat to use the automatically generated prefix that is created everytime Kibana starts?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.