Shrinking index and now the data is missing

My cluster ID is "442f1b". I was trying to shrink some of my indices from 4 shards to 1 shard. I followed the steps outlined here:

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/indices-shrink-index.html

Everything seemed to shrink ok and the next index was created, so I deleted the old index. This was for 2 days out of several days worth of indices, where I was going to shrink the others once I knew it was safely working.

Now when I query the data in that range that I shrunk using Kibana's discover tab, I don't get any results. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?

Best I can tell, the mapping is not the same with the new index. For example, the original index had:

"Timestamp": {
        "type": "date",
        "format": "strict_date_optional_time||epoch_millis"
      }

The new index has:

"Timestamp": {
        "type": "date"
      }

Also, all the string types were converted to text. Any idea how to proceed?

Hi Tom,

I'm going to move this to the core elasticsearch forum, since it seems like this is an issue with elasticsearch itself and not cloud, so you should get better support there. Do of course create a cloud issue if it turns out to be cloud related

Alex

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.