Single Machine Cluster Setup - Are my elasticsearch 5.0.0 configurations proper?

I am using elasticsearch 5.0.0 version. And chose to go with single machine cluster setup so that I can scale it by adding more machines later when load increases.. but I get an error - after elasticsearch runs for a few days..

elasticsearch.yml: only one machine with IP : 10.0.1.159, 16GB RAM, ubuntu 14.04
cluster.name: elasticsearch
node.name: es-01
bootstrap.memory_lock: true
network.host: 10.0.1.159
discovery.zen.ping.unicast.hosts: ["10.0.1.159"]

I have set environmental variable: export ES_JAVA_OPTS="-Xms8g -Xmx8g"

sysctl -w vm.max_map_count=262144
and verified mmap is unlimited

My setup runs fine .. until after elasticsearch running for a few days.. I get this error from Java Transport client

NoNodeAvailableException[None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{08UFeRP9RmCH4jMoV0RCNw}{10.0.1.159}{10.0.1.159:9300}]]
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.ensureNodesAreAvailable(TransportClientNodesService.java:314)

-- I should not be getting this error .. Am I doing something wrong with configuration
I doubt if I have to write the same machines' ip address in unicast hosts property...

Please help

What do you see in the elasticsearch log file? Does elasticsearch instance still run at this point? How do you recover from this issue?

At that point , i see that elastic search uses much of ram.. and the system starts to hang.. i restart elastic search service to get it working..

I was asking about elasticsearch log files (not your application log files). How did you determine that elasticsearch uses too much of ram?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.