Specify `spec.policyID` with standalone Elastic Agent deployed with ECK

TL;DR

ECK wants me to specify spec.policyID when deploying Elastic Agent, but I'm deploying a standalone Agent. Can I do this?

Details

I am using the Elastic Operator (ECK) to deploy standalone Elastic Agent to my cluster. Since my update to ECK 2.8.0, I've started to receive the following warning when I deploy:

Warning: Agent elastic-system/elastic-agent: spec.PolicyID is empty, spec.PolicyID will become mandatory in a future release

However, when I look up spec.policyID in the ECK documentation, it states:

PolicyID determines into which Agent Policy this Agent will be enrolled. This field will become mandatory in a future release, default policies are deprecated since 8.1.0.

Additionally, the examples that I've been able to find exclusively show this field being used with a fleet policy.

My question is two-fold:

• Can I provide spec.policyID with a standalone policy (e.g., a UUID)?
  • If yes, what value should I provide?

My bad, sorry about that. I created an issue: Agent: "spec.PolicyID is empty" warning is raised despite Agent is running in standalone mode · Issue #6903 · elastic/cloud-on-k8s · GitHub I'll try to get it fixed in the next version.

1 Like

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.