SQL Server Sync with Elasticsearch through Logstash - retransfer does not happens

Background:
We are doing a POC of Sync SQL Server error log data to elasticsearch(ES) to bring a dashboard in kibana.
I used Logstash with jdbc input plugin to move sql server table data to (ES), it was succeeded. In the log table it was around 5000 records, each got moved to ES.

Problem Statement:
For testing I deleted the index from ES which was which was earlier synced by Logstash and I ran the Logstash again with the same input config file. But no records was moved If I add a new record to the SQL Server table, that was reflecting, but the older records (5000) was not updated.

Config
Below is my config file used to sync

input {
  jdbc {
	#https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/plugins-inputs-jdbc.html#plugins-inputs-jdbc-record_last_run
    jdbc_connection_string => "jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:40020;database=application;user=development;password=XXX$"
    jdbc_driver_class => "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"    

jdbc_user => nil
        # The path to our downloaded jdbc driver
    jdbc_driver_library => "C:\Program Files (x86)\sqljdbc6.2\enu\sqljdbc4-3.0.jar"
        # The name of the driver class for SqlServer
        # Query for testing purpose		
	schedule => "* * * * *"
	last_run_metadata_path => "C:\Software\ElasticSearch\logstash-6.4.0\.logstash_jdbc_last_run"
	record_last_run => true
	clean_run => true
    statement => "  select * from Log"	

}
}

output {
  elasticsearch {
    hosts => ["localhost:9200"]
    index => "application_log"
	#document_id is a unique id, this has to be provided during syn, else we may get duplicate entry in ElasticSearch index.
	document_id => "%{Id}"
  }
}

Please help me out and explain what went wrong.

Thanks in advance

As you are not using the sql_last_value value in your WHERE clause, you don't need to track it.
Also, as you are running a one off import, you don't need the schedule setting either. No need to specify "jdbc_user => nil" either this will translate into a DB user of "nil" with a blank password - unless that is the DB username??
All you need is:

input {
  jdbc {
	#https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/logstash/current/plugins-inputs-jdbc.html#plugins-inputs-jdbc-record_last_run
    jdbc_connection_string => "jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:40020;database=application;user=development;password=XXX$"
        # The path to our downloaded jdbc driver
    jdbc_driver_library => "C:\Program Files (x86)\sqljdbc6.2\enu\sqljdbc4-3.0.jar"
        # The name of the driver class for SqlServer
        # Query for testing purpose		
    statement => "  select * from Log"	

}
}

output {
  elasticsearch {
    hosts => ["localhost:9200"]
    index => "application_log"
	#document_id is a unique id, this has to be provided during syn, else we may get duplicate entry in ElasticSearch index.
	document_id => "%{Id}"
  }
}

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.