Successful Deposit Query advice

Hey guys!

I am pretty sure I am in the wrong mindset for this sort of query so I would appreciate any nudges in the right direction

So my use case:
I want all CreditCardDeposit requests
where the response (same UUID as the request) ErrorNo is 0

My currently mapped fields:
OperationType: ["Request","Reply"]
DepositAmount: int
ErrorNo: int
UUID: string

A successful deposit is in sql terms:

OperationName = CreditCardDeposit
AND Reply ErrorNo = 0
JOIN on Request UUID = Reply UUID

Requests and Replies are logged on separate lines (app exists between front end and hosts)

Since this query doesn't appear terribly complicated, is there a way I can structure a Get /my_index/_search query to accomplish this? Or do I need to think more about how I should be storing this data? If so, any tips?

Thanks!

Hey Abdon,
Thank you for your reply. That query works! I wouldn't have thought to use aggregations like that.

I am intrigued though about:

create a single document per UUID, and update that document each time a new event occurs for that UUID

Do you know if that is something I can accomplish within a Logstash pipeline? I am guessing something along the lines of..

if (OperationType=response) { (Add fields to document) where request.UUID == response.UUID }

Thanks again for your help. We've only just started using ELK at work and I am still getting the hang of things :slight_smile:

Ev

nvm just found it, good old action method in the elastic output.
This is actual waaaaay more practical. Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.