SugarCRM 8.0.1 not recognizing increase in limit of total fields in Elasticsearch 5.6.9 index

Here's a quick summary of the StackOverflow question:

After the PUT request to increase the total field limit of my index, is there anything I have to do to make SugarCRM 8.0.1 recognize this change?

In addition to what is asked in the StackOverflow question, is this the best practice for doing this? If my service needs to be restarted, this PUT request would need to be ran again. Is there a way I can permanently make this change to my Elasticsearch 5.6.9 service?

Made the change in SugarCRM 8's config_override.php rather than using the REST API on the Elasticsearch service and all is good to go now.

Full answer can be found here.

Srry to come to your thread with this Question but you might be able to help as no one answer my request which is now closed :(.

do you know how to install Elasticsearch on a new port on the Server?

As you know SugarCRM v8 requires 5.x version of ElasticSearch and I currently have v1.75

I did logged a call with SugarCRM but their support is pretty bad and they do NOT support the installation of upgrade of ElasticSearch...all they say is to install on a new port.

CJ,

After installing Elasticsearch 5.x,
you can configure which port you want the service to run on by adding the
following line to your elasticsearch.yml file:

http.port: 6379

Found this through a simple Google search!
Is this what you were looking for?

Sincerely,

Michael A. Agarenzo

Software Engineer

Overseas Military Sales Group

CJ AI elastic@discoursemail.com

To:
magarenz@militarycars.com

Date:
08/24/2018 04:14 AM

Subject:
[Elasticsearch]
SugarCRM 8.0.1 not recognizing increase in limit of total fields in Elasticsearch
5.6.9 index

Hi Michael,

It will update version 1.7.5 which I don't this is the right way from reading on their documentation.
Don't think there is a direct path to upgrade from 1.7.5 to 5.6.11 even with .rpm packages...could be wrong though...

CJ,

In that case I am not familiar with what you are trying to get done.

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Michael A. Agarenzo

Software Engineer

Overseas Military Sales Group

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.