Sum of split series

Good morning,
I want to ask if I can do the following in kibana. I have a graph that I do the sum of hours per person, therefore I have a split series of people. I want to create a series that is the sum of the others to make the comparison of the total with respect to the personal individual.

I want to create a series that is the sum of the others to make the comparison of the total with respect to the personal individual.

I don't quite follow, do you mean you want the average total sum per user for comparison? Seems like that would be a better thing to compare anyway...

Either way though, the current answer is no, there is not a way to do that. You could get that value as a new visualization and then add both of them to a dashboard. But once you've created those data buckets (users in this case), there's no way to ask Elasticsearch for values calculated off all of the documents, just the buckets, so there's also no way to do this in Kibana.

You can do this in Canvas though. It would take a couple of queries still, but Canvas allows you to munge that data together into a single table and visualize it.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.