Support SLM (Snapshot Lifecycle management) for license 7.10.2 Elashticsearch

Hello everyone,

I would like to know that Elasticsearch version 7.10.2 supports or not for SLM (Snapshot Lifecycle Management) in open versions (not enterprise) ? And how can I get the link of the information about that or verify SLM is support or not for a version.

Thanks in advance for your help

It is available as part of the default distribution which can be used with a free basic license. It is not available in the OSS distribution.

2 Likes

It's here: Subscriptions | Elastic Stack Products & Support | Elastic

1 Like

Thanks very much. And I want to clarify that "OSS" is Operations support systems ?

No it stands for open-source software. Elasticsearch 7.10 was the latest version this distribution was available as licensing changed, so I would recommend upgrading to make sure you are using the default distribution.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your answer. Yes, I have this result of "GET /" in Kibana: I see this result

{
  "name" : "dc01ielasticsearch1v",
  "cluster_name" : "cluster1",
  "cluster_uuid" : "3eKxAO5IRPWTR1bvVxC8XA",
  "version" : {
    "number" : "7.10.2",
    "build_flavor" : "oss",
    "build_type" : "rpm",
    "build_hash" : "747e1cc71def077253878a59143c1f785afa92b9",
    "build_date" : "2021-01-13T00:42:12.435326Z",
    "build_snapshot" : false,
    "lucene_version" : "8.7.0",
    "minimum_wire_compatibility_version" : "6.8.0",
    "minimum_index_compatibility_version" : "6.0.0-beta1"
  },
  "tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
}

I think this information "build_flavor" : "oss" is verify what problem I have. Please help me how can I change this.
Thanks in advance

You need to install the default distribution instead of what you currently have.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.