Symbolic Links in logstash for Kubernetes - EEXISTS

Hi, I'm trying to write Kubernetes pod logs out through a symlink. When trying to do so I get this error:

WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.headius.backport9.modules.Modules
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
Sending Logstash logs to /usr/share/logstash/logs which is now configured via log4j2.properties
[2020-05-12T18:45:35,886][WARN ][org.logstash.instrument.metrics.gauge.LazyDelegatingGauge] A gauge metric of an unknown type (org.jruby.RubyArray) has been create for key: cluster_uuids. This may result in invalid serialization.  It is recommended to log an issue to the responsible developer/development team.
[2020-05-12T18:45:52,157][ERROR][org.logstash.execution.WorkerLoop] Exception in pipelineworker, the pipeline stopped processing new events, please check your filter configuration and restart Logstash.
org.jruby.exceptions.SystemCallError: (EEXIST) File exists - /logs/sym-link-to-a-dir
	at org.jruby.RubyDir.mkdir(org/jruby/RubyDir.java:635) ~[jruby-complete-9.2.9.0.jar:?]
	at uri_3a_classloader_3a_.META_minus_INF.jruby_dot_home.lib.ruby.stdlib.fileutils.fu_mkdir(uri:classloader:/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/stdlib/fileutils.rb:235) ~[?:?]
	at uri_3a_classloader_3a_.META_minus_INF.jruby_dot_home.lib.ruby.stdlib.fileutils.mkdir_p(uri:classloader:/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/stdlib/fileutils.rb:213) ~[?:?]
	at org.jruby.RubyArray.reverse_each(org/jruby/RubyArray.java:1896) ~[jruby-complete-9.2.9.0.jar:?]
	at uri_3a_classloader_3a_.META_minus_INF.jruby_dot_home.lib.ruby.stdlib.fileutils.mkdir_p(uri:classloader:/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/stdlib/fileutils.rb:211) ~[?:?]
	at org.jruby.RubyArray.each(org/jruby/RubyArray.java:1814) ~[jruby-complete-9.2.9.0.jar:?]
	at uri_3a_classloader_3a_.META_minus_INF.jruby_dot_home.lib.ruby.stdlib.fileutils.mkdir_p(uri:classloader:/META-INF/jruby.home/lib/ruby/stdlib/fileutils.rb:196) ~[?:?]
	at 

This is with logstash/logstash:7.6.1. How can I have logstash go through a symbolic link, and not fail when it can't create it?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.