Synthetic monitoring of an API with performance metrics

Hi elastic team,

I really love the idea of synthetic monitoring and having it integrated in the uptime monitoring app. At the moment, I am working on an API as a product project and would love to use synthetic monitoring to verify that the API is working properly. I added some new journeys to the example project to test the API with some simple fetch calls. When I looked into the uptime app, I realized that there is no performance breakdown for all steps where I am not using the playwright page object. Is there a way to also gain these performance insights for API calls without using the page object from playwright?
I think it would be really cool to use synthetic monitoring for products without an UI as well.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Moritz_Rieger, the Synthetic Agent would typically be used for real browser tests loading and interacting with websites (using a Synthetic/Playwright script). If you’re mainly after hitting API endpoints, maybe HTTP Ping monitor types in Heartbeat would be more appropriate.

There is more information on Heartbeat monitors here, with details on the HTTP type, here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.