Syscall/dll_windows.go Error With all Beats

Hello!

I need to install MetricBeat, WinlogBeat, and a beat of mine in a Windows Server 2003 R2 Service Pack 2 x86 machine, but i still getting this error. It's urgent to have those beats installed, changing SO is not an option.

Thanks.

What version are you testing with? And what is the exact error message or stack trace that you receive. What config are you using?

We do not test on win2k3 nor do we officially support it. And Go 1.10 is the last version of that will support XP/Vista/2003 so our newer releases (7.0+) that are built with Go 1.11 are not going to work unless try building them with an earlier Go version.

Hello! We are using 6.5 on Beats.

This is a part of the error:

ERROR syscall/dll_windows.go:280 An unexpected error occurred while collecting information about the system.. Recovering, but please report this. "panic": "Failed to find GetTickCount64 procedure in kernel32.dll: The specified procedure could not be found."

So, i read a lot and made some tests with a beat of mine. I found that GetTickCount64 is a windows function that is not supported on Windows 2003, but the call to this function is on the Beat template that elasticsearch offers.

The GetTickCount64 function retrieves the number of milliseconds that have elapsed since the system was started. As says this Microsoft doc.

The unique conclusion i found is remove of the code the part where this function is called or just skip this value. There is a way to do this?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.