Tag Cloud that will search from all index

Hi! I have a visualization tag cloud, now I want to it to be when an item was clicked it will filter other charts inside the dashboard? Can I Do that?

1 Like

Tag Cloud that will search from all index

Most visualizations, such as Tag Cloud, apply to an index pattern, which is basically a pattern of indices to use in searching for the data. You can have a dashboard that has visualizations from different kinds of index patterns.

... I want to it to be when an item was clicked it will filter other charts inside the dashboard? Can I Do that?

Yes, that is how it is supposed to work: Clicking a term in a tag cloud creates a filter that affects the entire dashboard.

I've tested this in 5.4.1. What version of Kibana do you have?

Hello, How do I make the tag cloud filter to match all? Apparently on my case, when I click an item it will just filter out all charts belonging to that same index. I have found a way to match it all via the filter fill that is visible when we clicked an item and edit the json filter like this:
{
"query": {
"match": {
"_all": {
"query": "290340573932339509",
"type": "phrase"
}
}
}
}
I want it to set it to this every time without editing it every time I click? Can I do that? What are the steps for it?
Also, I am using 5.4

Sorry, I didn't realize before that you a way to click a term in the tag cloud and have the filter apply to the _all field. Clicking a term puts a filter for data to match the key:value pair, where the key is the field used to create the Tag Cloud visualization.

If you want to make a filter value that will act on any field, the alternative to what you're doing right now would be to use the query bar and search for that term.

That's still not a one-click solution though. What you are doing could even be more efficient.

Can I set it this way so it would be permanent? My current use case is every time I click a term, I will edit the pill to _all? Is there a way to set this up?

Nope, sorry. Feel free to open an enhancement request in the Kibana Github: Issues · elastic/kibana · GitHub

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.