TASK [elastic.elasticsearch : fail when heap size is not specified when using memory lock]

Hi,

I am trying to configure Elasticsearch cluster over Ansible. I use official Elastic Ansible role elastic.elasticsearch for this. Unfortunatelly my set up keep failing with the following error:

TASK [elastic.elasticsearch : fail when heap size is not specified when using memory lock] ***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
fatal: [3.92.198.97]: FAILED! => {"msg": "The conditional check 'es_config['bootstrap.memory_lock'] is defined and es_config['bootstrap.memory_lock'] == True and es_heap_size is not defined' failed. The error was: error while evaluating conditional (es_config['bootstrap.memory_lock'] is defined and es_config['bootstrap.memory_lock'] == True and es_heap_size is not defined): 'tag_Group_Elasticsearch' is undefined\n\nThe error appears to be in '/root/elastic/roles/elastic.elasticsearch/tasks/elasticsearch-parameters.yml': line 8, column 3, but may\nbe elsewhere in the file depending on the exact syntax problem.\n\nThe offending line appears to be:\n\n#If the user attempts to lock memory they must specify a heap size\n- name: fail when heap size is not specified when using memory lock\n  ^ here\n"}
fatal: [34.229.212.176]: FAILED! => {"msg": "The conditional check 'es_config['bootstrap.memory_lock'] is defined and es_config['bootstrap.memory_lock'] == True and es_heap_size is not defined' failed. The error was: error while evaluating conditional (es_config['bootstrap.memory_lock'] is defined and es_config['bootstrap.memory_lock'] == True and es_heap_size is not defined): 'tag_Group_Elasticsearch' is undefined\n\nThe error appears to be in '/root/elastic/roles/elastic.elasticsearch/tasks/elasticsearch-parameters.yml': line 8, column 3, but may\nbe elsewhere in the file depending on the exact syntax problem.\n\nThe offending line appears to be:\n\n#If the user attempts to lock memory they must specify a heap size\n- name: fail when heap size is not specified when using memory lock\n  ^ here\n"}

And my config is as follows:

---
- name: Install packages
  hosts: all
  become: true
  tasks:
  - name: Install packages
    yum:
      name: "{{ packages }}"
      state: present
    vars:
      packages:
        - htop
        - nmap

- name: Elasticsearch srv01 set up
  hosts: tag_Group_Elasticsearch
  roles:
    - role: elastic.elasticsearch
  vars:
    es_heap_size: "512m"
    es_config:
      network.host: 0.0.0.0
      cluster.name: "test-cluster"
      cluster.initial_master_nodes: "{{ tag_Group_Elasticsearch }}"
      discovery.seed_hosts: "{{ tag_Group_Elasticsearch }}"
      http.port: 9200
      node.master: true
      bootstrap.memory_lock: false
    es_plugins:
     - plugin: ingest-attachment

As you can see from above, bootstrap memory lock is configured to false but I am keep getting this error...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Dragan

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.