The button "Create" in the Index Patterns being disabled

I think that it is related to the warning message "No default index pattern. You must select or create one to continue."

But the problem is that i do not know how to get around this. Therefore, any help will be appreciated.

Vincent

You get around it by defining a pattern.
Do you have data in Elasticsearch?

Hi Warkolm,

Thank you for your response, very appreciated! But I do not understand this concept though.

I have imported the data into the elasticsearch following the tutorial and did just whatever it says:
curl -uelastic:changeme -XPUT http://localhost:9200/shakespeare -d "{"mappings" : {"default" : {"properties" : {"speaker" : {"type": "string", "index" : "not_analyzed" },"play_name" : {"type": "string", "index" : "not_analyzed" },"line_id" : { "type" : "integer" },"speech_number" : { "type" : "integer" }}}}}"

and then import the data:
curl -uelastic:changeme -XPUT localhost:9200/_bulk --data-binary @shakespeare.json

As shown above, the shakespeare is supposed to be a index, right? therefore In the Discover page, I have put down shakespeare-* in the text field under Index name or pattern, but it still does not work. and Kibana still complains Unable to fetch mapping. Do you have indices matching the pattern?

so please advise.

Thank you in advance with best regards

Vincent from New Zealand

The index name is shakespeare, not shakespeare- :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.