Unable to fetch mapping. Do you have indices matching the pattern?No default index pattern. You must select or create one to continue

Elasticsearch version: 5.5.2
Kibana version: 5.5.2
Logstash version: 5.5.2

When I install kibana and open the page on the Google Chrome with "http://10.62.179.32:5601/app/kibana#/management/kibana/index?_g=()"

In the Discover page, there is a warning here: No default index pattern. You must select or create one to continue.No default index pattern. You must select or create one to continue.

And in the module of "Configure an index pattern", below the "index name or pattern", there is a red tip:

Unable to fetch mapping. Do you have indices matching the pattern?
And I can't add anything in "Time Filter field name"

How to resolve this problem? Anyone can give me some advice?

Hey @saliormoon, Kibana requires you to set up an "index pattern" that matches indices in Elasticsearch to be able to retrieve the data before you can use Discover/Visualize/etc.

Do you already have data in your Elasticsearch indices? What is the index/indices named in Elasticsearch, and what are you entering for your "Index name or pattern" in Kibana?

Hi,

As you said you have set uo logstash for log collection.
Make sure logstash have indexed the logs into elasticsearch and same logs have been indexed into elasticsearch as indices.
As kibana fetch the same indices pattern as indexed into elasticsearch.
first check your elasticsearch indices and then will create index with same pattern and fectch the data.
Ex: if there is some data is indexed naming as "Logstash-xxx" in elasticsearch then fetch the data via creating an index in kibana like "logstash-*".

Ok, thanks a lot.

Ok, thanks so much.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.