The external-identities API

Hey everyone,
I am trying to set up Workplace Search with SharePoint and OneDrive connectors. I have worked my way through the documentation for each respected product. After getting each set up, I get the notice that since my organization is using document-level permissions, I need to configure external-identities API to configure user access mapping.

I was able to grab all the required information for Microsoft and followed the example for the structure in the API example. My question is where in the world does this API call go? Please note API's are not my area of expertise and any help is greatly appreciated!

Hey TTCD,

Welcome! Glad to hear you were able to get SharePoint and OneDrive connected. One quick note: you don't have to connect with document level permissions enabled. I'm only mentioning that in case you would prefer not to, in which case you don't need to worry about external identities either.

Assuming DLP is important, I first want to highlight some documentation in case you hadn't seen it yet:

My question is where in the world does this API call go?

It would help if you could let us know what version of Enterprise Search you're running and where you're running it. The URL at which you access the API depends on the "where" answer of that question. You'll notice examples often referring to both localhost and Elastic Cloud URLs in our docs. As for the tool you can use to issue requests to the API, common options include Postman and cURL.

I hope that helps. Let me know if I can clarify anything!

Ross

Thank you for the help. That was exactly what I needed!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.