The length of the variable to display on visualization

Hi, i am sending a variable tag to the logs. I can see the variable value in elastic discovery but I am unable to see the value of that particular variable for a particular value on the lens table.

if the length of the value in the variable is too long, does that effect the table value.

when I sent the length up to 100 chars, it is visible, but more than that i could not find.

Thank you for the help

Hi @Anil_Alapati ,

have you clicked on the blue expand icon in the cell? That should open a popover with the scrollable full length of the cell value:

table_long_value

Hi,

yes. I could see a variable ignore-above set to 256. Which lead to string disappear on Kibana. Any process to change it?

The ignore-above should affect both Discover and Lens.
If you can see the field content in Discover, then it should be visible also in Lens.

I could see it in Discover but not on lens. What could be the issue. And this happened not once..more than couple of times

Is it possible to post a picture of the Lens table with the field content truncate?
Also, what version of the stack are you using?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.