Threshold coloring

Is there any way in VBTS to change the color of a line in Time Series depending on the value at the time, like one can in the metric part?

You can set a threshold line, but the line doesn't change color itself. You can open an issue at https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues to track the feature request.

Sorry, my bad. I don't want a threshold line, I want the graph line to change color according to a threshold value. I.E. If the value is over x, I want the line/dots to be green, if under x, they should be red.

But I solved it by using Timelion and a condition. Then I generated two lines, one green and the other red.

.es(index=logstash-*, metric=sum:positive).subtract(.es(index=logstash-*, metric=sum:negative)).color(#ff0000).if(operator="gt", if=0, then=null).bars(),
.es(index=logstash-*, metric=sum:positive).subtract(.es(index=logstash-*, metric=sum:negative)).color(#00ff00).if(operator="lt", if=0, then=null).bars()

But it would be nice to have that function in VBTS for the time series and not only for the metric visualisations.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.